FDX Webinar Series
Ensuring Consumer Data Sharing Works for Financial Institutions and FinTechs of Every Size
Recorded on Thursday, February 20
As more and more financial services customers are seeking to leverage their financial data to help them better manage their finances, it's essential that API-based consumer data sharing works for the entire ecosystem, including smaller financial institutions and FinTechs, to unleash the power of financial data for all individuals and families.
Join the Financial Data Exchange (FDX) along with panelists from the American Bankers Association, the House Financial Services Committee, Fiserv and Ninth Wave to engage this important topic.
This webinar explores how smaller firms in the financial services ecosystem can design consumer-first experiences while addressing the challenges and opportunities of consumer-permissioned data sharing. The results will be more empowered consumers with greater control and understanding of their financial lives, leading to improved financial well-being.
FDX is a non-profit organization dedicated to the mission of developing and implementing the FDX API. The FDX API is a common, interoperable, royalty-free financial data sharing standard, allowing consumers and businesses a secure and convenient way to share their data with their preferred service providers. By December 2019, the API was already benefiting over 8 million U.S. consumers, with 12 million expected by April 2020.
We will discuss:
- How the FDX API is unifying the financial industry around a single standard for consumer-permissioned financial data sharing
- Challenges and opportunities for smaller regional and community-based financial institutions to employ API-based data sharing
- How FinTechs of all sizes are leveraging the FDX API while shaping its future
- Tom Carpenter, Chair of Government Affairs Taskforce, Financial Data Exchange
- Catherine Kuerbitz, Legislative Director for Rep. David Scott (D-GA) - Member of the House Financial Services Committee
- Kevin Hughes, Senior Product Manager, Fiserv (FDX Member)
- Rob Morgan, Vice President of Emerging Technologies, American Bankers Association (FDX Member)
- John Vander Vennet, Head of Sales, Ninth Wave (FDX Member)
A list of all FDX members can be found here.
For more information, please also consider downloading our white paper "The Global Industry Standard for Consumer Access to Financial Data," which you can access here.